You already know that you can simply double click anywhere in the Word editing window and immediately the cursor appears ready for you to start typing. But clicks elsewhere do practical and timesaving things too:
- Double click a ruler (vertical or horizontal) to open the Page Setup dialog
- When you have a header or footer set up, double click it to go to Header and Footer view
- Double click the indent marker on the horizontal ruler to open the Paragraph dialog
- Double clicking a bullet or number in a list opens the Bullets and Numbering dialog
and, finally for today at least:
- Double click on the column marker in the ruler when you’re inside a table (or double click the table’s move handle) to open the Table Properties dialog.